We all know that kale is good for us. The trick is to liven it up so it doesn't grow old in your diet. One of my favorite recipes for summer is a Kale and Cherry Salad.
Fresh Kale and Cherry Salad
- Kale (I prefer Tuscan Kale. It is super easy to grow so don't be afraid.)
- Handful of pecans (toasted)
- Handful of cherries (pitted and halved)
- A shake of feta cheese
Wash your kale and dry the leaves. Cut all the ribs from the leaves. Massage the kale with the dressing:
- Olive Oil
- Dijon Mustard (or French’s if you don’t have)
- Dollop of honey (about 1tsp)
- Some balsamic vinegar (or white wine vinegar if you don’t have balsamic)
- Salt and Black pepper to taste
In a food processor, shake it up. I sometimes throw a few extra cherries into the dressing to sweeten it up
After massaging the kale with dressing, throw in the rest of the salad ingredients (Pecans, cherries and feta)
Serve. Easy and delicious! The key is to cut the ribs out of the kale and to massage it so that the leaves are super tender and flavorful with each bite.